EVENT: #CUNYStrikeReady Teach-In 1: What’s Next?
December 3rd, 2020 at 5:00 PM EST, Register for the first of the series event here
The PSC has voted in favor of a strike readiness resolution, what’s next?
Join the first teach-in of our series on strike readiness! Co-Organized by the CUNY Adjunct Project, PSC- Graduate Center, Rank and File Action; endorsers of the Resolution for a Strike Authorization Campaign and Vote (more details below).
Be a part of an incredible teach-in with CCSAV Coalition members, endorsers, and other academic organizers, on December 3rd, 2020 from 5 pm- 6 pm. Register now for this digital teach-in!
Check out the resolution presented by PSC leadership, passed at the PSC Special DA 11.23.2020, PSC Must Prepare for Strike- Readiness As Part of the Fight to Save Lives, Save Jobs, Save CUNY Resolution, with amendments from the Cross Campus Strike Authorization Vote Coalition (CCSAVC).
We will discuss PSC Strike Readiness Resolution, #CUNYStrikeReady, cross-campus solidarity, barriers, & solutions moving forward. Our panelists will discuss the realities of race, migration, class, cross-title/cross-campus organizing, & more.
- Saira Rafiee (she/her), Ph.D. student of Political Theory, The Graduate Center, CUNY, & member of Graduate Center PSC-CUNY Chapter
- Rafael A. Mutis García (no pronouns, Rafael), Ph.D. candidate, Earth & Environmental Sciences (EES), The Graduate Center, CUNY, & member of Graduate Center PSC-CUNY Chapter
- Izzy Plowright (they/them), Ph.D. candidate in History at Columbia University, International Students’ Working Group, part of UAW Graduate Workers of Columbia Local 2110
- Gerry Martini (he/him), HEO, Associate Director of Admissions; The Graduate Center, CUNY, PSC-CUNY. Member of Rank and File Action, Public Higher Education Workers, & member of Graduate Center PSC-CUNY Chapter
- Moderated by CUNY Adjunct Project Labor & Political Education Co-Organizer, Jamila Hammami (they/them), an adjunct of Community Organizing (Hunter College), Ph.D. student, Graduate Center, CUNY, & member of Graduate Center PSC-CUNY Chapter.
Collaborative jamboard from
#CUNYStrikeReady Teach- In 1: What’s Next?
The Adjunct Project’s following #CUNYStrikeReady Teach-In series will be based on the first teach-in session, feedback from the additional series, and continued in collaboration with other CUNY groups to uplift and organize around the needs for all to make #CUNYStrikeReady. Thank you to all that collaborated in the event and on the collaborative jamboards.